Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Heaven and Earth

You know the song "Where is Heaven?" In the song it states that "It's right where you are." I think that Heaven is all around us. There are definitely times in my life where the veil seems thinner than others.

When I was baptized at the age of eight I remember feeling a little sad that my grandfather would not be able to baptize me. He died eight months before I was baptized. My favorite uncle, Uncle Leonard, was able to baptize me. As we stood in the baptismal font Uncle Leonard stumbled over the words to the prayer. I felt the presence of my grandpa so strongly. I know he was in the room with us and helped my uncle remember the words to the baptismal prayer.

This weekend I was talking to my mother-in-law and she shared some experiences that she, a niece and her mother have had after the death different family members. In church a few weeks ago an experience was shared about a women sitting in the temple and she heard the voice of the women whose temple work she was doing. In all of the experiences I have heard recently the big picture is that the veil can be very thin at times.

Yesterday, Hayden and I were driving to the store and Hayden saw a house and we had the following conversation.

"Is that Heavenly Father's house?"
"No, Heavenly Father lives in Heaven." "
"With Jesus and Scott?"
"Yes."
"Jesus carries Scott."
"Who told you that?"
"Hayden did. Hayden's a big boy."

Hayden told me again today that Jesus carries Scott. I am not saying that Hayden has ever seen Scott or anything because I have no idea but I do know that Hayden knows his brother Scott and loves him. I know that Scott is being taken care of by Jesus and as a mother that is a good thing to know.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I beleive that too! I think that the veil can be sooo thin sometimes.
Thanks for sharing!

Candi said...

Hayden is such a special little guy. I also know the veil is thin and I have had my own personal experiences. Thank you for the post.