Monday, October 19, 2009

God's Gift

This is another poem that Jennifer sent me. it was written by her aunt.

Gods Gift

I was searching for answers on this gloomy day
So I fell t o my knees and I started to pray
Dear God, you have taken so much from me
I’m alone in the darkness and I cannot see
Why did you give me a child to love?
And then take him back to our home up above?

My child, He said, you don’t understand
I have all things in the palm of my hand
I have a plan, one made just for you
So you can come home when this life is through

It is not I who takes, I always give
Blessings that teach; you must learn as you live
Sometimes these blessings will be masked in strife
But stay close to me and I’ll guide you through life
Just know for today you’re my child to love
And I want you back in our home up above
Now when that time comes, there will be such joy
To be there to greet you will be your little boy

Thank you dear God, I said as I cried
Now I understand why my child died
As I continued to pray and day turned to night
Where once there was darkness, now there was light
He hadn’t taken and now I could see
He had given the gift of an angel to me

Michelle Kelle May 2000

No comments: