Saturday, June 6, 2009

Memorial Day 2009


This is my second Memorial Day without Scott but only my first to have a place to go visit him. I can never say enough how wonderful it is that we were finally able to bury Baby Scott and I have a place to go.

I had a rough morning. I wish everyone loved Scott the way I do. I have to remember that no one knows Scott like I do. I held him for more than five months. Joe and my mom held him for less than five minutes. No one else has ever held him. Maybe that is why others don't seem to remember him. It is hard to remember someone you never knew. But I knew him. I will never forget him. When Scott died he took a piece of my heart with him. I will never be the person I was before.

I went to the cemetery by myself in the morning. I enjoyed having a few quiet moments alone. To my surprise someone had been there. There were some silk roses. I have no idea who had been there but it means so much to me.

When the boys and I went a little later the cemetery was packed. We got there right before they started the flag raising ceremony. The cemetery looked beautiful covered with all the flowers.




1 comment:

McIntire Madness said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings. What a tough thing to go through. I'm sure Scott is on the other side rooting for everyone down here!