Saturday, June 6, 2009

Did I Really Sign Up For This?

In church the speaker mentioned that his third child died of SIDS at five and a half months. He talked about how as he struggled through this he realized that he had signed up for this in the pre-existence. As I thought about this I kept thinking there is no way I signed up for letting Scott die. I have thought about this many times this week.

My friend was over the other night and we were discussing this. When I told her I "didn't sign up for it" she said you never know. As the discussion progressed she helped me put it in different words. I signed up to give him back to Heavenly Father. Maybe I didn't know this meant I would give him back before I really got him. But I did agree to give him back. I want to give all of my children back to my Heavenly Father. Hopefully I can be a good enough mom and teach my children here on earth how to get back to Heavenly Father. As for now I know I have one perfect little angel ho is in the presence of God everyday. I guess it truly is a blessing.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love how you put this. That you want to give all your children back to Heavenly Father. Its just so hard right now when we don't remember and we have to wait. thanks for the reminder.