Saturday, October 23, 2010

Walk of Remembrance and Hope 2010

I am so grateful to Share for putting together the wonderful Walk of Remembrance and Hope each year. This year was different than in the past because I got to help organize it. I am loving being on the Share board and being more involved and helping other families heal.

We had a wonderful speaker. Her name is Carolyn Kasteller. She started a program call Angel Watch. This program help families who have learned that their unborn-child has a life-threatening or life-limiting condition.


Joe read the poem, "He Came as a Whisper, that his mom wrote the night Scott was born. It was nice to be able to share our special poem with other and have Joe be apart of the program.






I'm so grateful for my sweet niece, Riley. She talks about Scott a lot and has come with us to the walk the last two years. I love that she wants to be apart of it.









I am so blessed to have met wonderful women who have turned into wonderful friends. Heidi is Jocelyn's angel mommy and Jen is a photographer for NILMDTS.



This is the beautiful quote that was on the program:

“The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you are really my friend, let me hear the beautiful music of his name. It soothes my broken heart and sings to my soul.”
-Author unknown

No comments: