Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Three Boys

The last couple of weeks I have been a little sad that it is not obvious to the world that I have three boys not just two. When we were at the car dealership we had Hayden and Parker with us. While we were waiting for paper work we were chatting with the salesman. Many times I wanted to blurt out that I had another baby as well. When people ask me how many kids I have I have no problem saying three. I love to let people know about Scott. But it is the times when people don't ask that bothers me. It wasn't relevant to our conversation or anything. It would have been out of place for me to say I had a baby that died. I felt like I kept waiting for a chance to mention Scott and it never came.

The next week I was at Costco and an older gentleman commented on my two cute boys. Again, I wanted to blurt out that I had another cute boy.

A few weeks ago we were doing sealings at the temple. Our sealer asked how many children were at home. I could not just answer his question. I said I have two boys at home and one in heaven.

I know this may seem strange to many people. Scott is always in my thoughts and I wish the whole world could know him the way I do.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry! I know what you mean...I will always tell people that i do have a child, even if she isn't here right now. I love to talk about her.

Kami said...

I alwasy mention Kooper whenever I have a chance. He is always on my mind too!

April said...

I know exactly what you mean. Some old woman at the grocery store the other day said, oh how fun that you have two kids, one a boy and one a girl. I wanted to say oh I do have another boy. I find myself wanting to tell everyone yet I don't I wait for them to ask. I love the blog for Scott.