Thursday, July 31, 2008

Memorial Service

Dear Family and Friends

When Scott was born in December, Joe and I made the uneducated decision to allow the hospital to care of Scott's tiny body. This is a decision that has been very hard to deal with since that time. About six weeks ago I wrote a letter to the hospital explaining some of my concerns with the lack of information and support I received while in the hospital. Two or three weeks ago Joe and I decided we would like to purchase burial plots for the two of us and we would place a headstone for Scott on one of the plots. This week, Tuesday, I received a letter from the hospital in response to my letter. One thing the letter said was that they contacted the gentleman who does the cremations for them, and he still had the remains of Scott. They gave me his name and number and I called him. He was very kind and said he has been dealing with this for long enough that he knows often times parents desire to have their baby back, so he keeps them in case they call. He also said he is continually taking to the hospital trying to get them to give parents more information. Yesterday he delivered Scott's remains to us.

We will be having a memorial service next Thursday to dedicate the grave and bury Scott's remains. We would love to have anyone who would like to participate in this special ceremony with us.

Thursday, August 7, 2008
10:00am
Riverton City Cemetery
1500 W 13200 S

If you will be in attendance please let me know so that I know how many to plan on. Thank you so much for your prayers and support the last several months.

Joe & Jessica Young

PS I know I do not have email addresses for everyone I should. If you know someone who would want to come please pass on the information?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you can have his remains! I wish I could be there. I'm tempted to send my Riverton fam in my behalf, but that might be weird.

Please share pics!

Anonymous said...

How amazing that after all these months that sweet man would still have your baby. I'm so happy that you get to properly bury your precious little Scott. I'm sorry I won't be able to come, but I'll definitely be thinking of you all ob Thursday.

Anonymous said...

You are one brave woman. I wish I could be there to support you. I admire you and will be thinking of u. love you- sharla

Anonymous said...

What a miracle that you could do this so long after it happened. The Lord certainly watches over us. I'm sad I can't attend on Thursday - I didn't realize we're neighbors (I'm in Bluffdale) - but I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Before I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to come because I'm subbing for two people at work that day, but I think they're giving me the morning off! I'm not positive if I can go to the lunch after. Do you need an exact count?

Anonymous said...

Jessica- I was hoping to attend but with having to take work off for the Bishop's funderal I am not going to make it. I am thinking of you today, so grateful you are able to have this service. Will you please email me at scotasli@msn.com? I have a card I wanted to send. Also, I would love to know where Scott is going to be buried. My husband's mom is buried in the Riverton Cemetary as well. Again, I have been thinking of you already this morning and will continue to do so!

Anonymous said...

We don't know each other, but we have one thing in common. We both have babies who are working hard on the other side. I wish I would have seen your blog one week ago, I would have attended your graveside. I am sure it was heart wrenching, but also provided some closure. I would love to talk with you about our babies. You can read about my daughter, Faith...
http://littlethomasfamily.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-cant-believe-it.html

If you want to talk to someone who completely understands, you can email me at: littlethomasfamily@msn.com

Another Understanding Mommy,
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
My roommate was on her mission in Germany when her brothers family went through a pregnancy that ended too early. Her sister-in-law was I think 8 months along. So, my roommie wasn't there at the beginning of the pregnancy or at the end or anything. What she missed hadn't fully effected her until she had been home for more than a year and had gone to visit that family up in Idaho. When she saw her niece's grave, she was finally able to grieve for her. On her grave was engraved, "The crown without the conflict." I am sorry for your loss. I am glad that families are forever and that, in a round about way, our families are connected. You are loved.
Kathy