Friday, February 29, 2008

Nine Long Weeks

It has been nine weeks today (two months yesterday) since I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy Scott Leland Young. How I wish things had turned out differently. I wish I still had him with me. It is amazing how much love I have for someone I only had with me for such a short time (and only in my womb).

I feel I am doing really well for the most part. I still have hard days. I have a really difficult time sleeping through the night; everytime I wake up I realize I have been thinking about Scott. He will always have a big place.

Yesterday I took the molds of Scott's hands and feet to Stan Watts, a sculptor, who is going to bronze them for me. I look forward to getting them back. I love to look at them and remember my sweet baby boy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetheart.
Love ya,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

I think you're doing amazingly well! You are a trooper...keep hanging in there...

I also think that's amazing that you will get to have such a wonderful keepsake of Scott.

Anonymous said...

What a treasure to have. I am so glad that you will have something like that.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. How incredibly brave of you to share your experience with those that read your blog. You are amazing.