Friday, April 3, 2009

The other day we were on our way to Saratoga Springs. While driving down Redwood Road Hayden looked out his window and saw the Bluffdale Cemetery (Scott is buried in the Riverton City Cemetery). He immediately started saying, "I love you, Scott. I miss you." When this happened I was quickly brought to tears. They were both tears of joy and deep sadness. I love that Hayden thinks about his brother and remembers what we tell him. However, as happy as I was at that moment I was also extremely sad. I am very sad that Hayden doesn't really know/understand who his little brother is. He sees a cemetery and associates that with Scott. He calls the molds of Scott's face, hands and feet Scott and frequently asks to hold "Scott." I wish he had been able to see his brother. I look forward to Hayden getting a little older so he can have more of an understanding of who Scott really is. As for now, it makes me so happy that he talks about Scott often and is starting to understand that he has to little brothers.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I love it when Kade brings up Kooper. It makes you feel good that you aren't the only one thinking of your precious baby and makes you realize that they know they have little brothers and love and miss them too!

April said...

oh how sweet. I love that my kids remember Harry and talk about him too but when they do bring him up it makes me sad/happy. I'm sure he'll always remember his brother.