Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Scott!

Hayden and Joe wearing their matching shirts that say
"We Have Footprints on Our Heart"
I can't believe a year has gone by already. A year ago I would have never imagined celebrating my child's fist birthday without him. I know things are they way they are supposed to be but oh how I wish things were different. I has been a very hard year without him. I miss him so much. I love him more than anyone could ever imagine. I wish Scott were here with us each and everyday.

We have had a good day today taking extra time to remember Scott. I felt like I really needed to go to church today. So yes, I took my 9 day old baby to Sacrament meeting. After lots of pondering we decided that for Scott's birthday we would by a few copies of some books we read after Scott died and take them to the hospital to be given to people when they lose a baby. We bought "Gone Too Soon" and "We Were Gonna Have a Baby But We Had an Angel Instead." We took the books along with some cards to the hospital right after church. It was hard for me to try and explain why we were there, but I did OK.


This afternoon/evening we invited our families to go visit Scott's grave with us. We took some pretty white and yellow carnations. After the cemetery we came back to our house for some birthday cake. I made an angel food cake for my sweet little angel's birthday.


We went to the cemetery early for Joe to make us a path to the headstone.





I am so grateful for the support of family and friends. I am so grateful for Joe and his patience with me this past year. I know it isn't easy for him to see me so sad and crying because I miss Scott. He always just holds me and tells me he loves me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Scott. What a wonderful way to celebrate him.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that it has been such a hard year, but I am glad that you had such a nice day. Happy Birthday Scott.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Scott. I'm glad you were able to celebrate his birtday with friends and family, and I love the idea of the books for the hospital. That is such a thoughtful thing you guys did. I can't imagine how hard it was for you, but I am sure that the families will appreciate you for it.

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Joe, you have been such a good example of strength to all of us in the family. I'm glad we were able to celebrate this special remembrance with you.

Anonymous said...

You're amazing. Those books were so thoughtful and appropriate for Scott's birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Scott!

What a wonderful way to remember Scott's Birthday, those families will be so grateful and feel so loved when unfortunately they go through one of the hardest trials of their life. But they won't feel alone knowing that they aren't the only ones out there.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember that first year. I still have my moments, but it's getting better and easier to think of my little angel without crying. My new little guy has hair and eyes like her and it makes me tear up when I really think about it, but I'm so glad he's here!
Happy first birthday to Scott! (I'm glad you're celebrating it :)

Anonymous said...

What a touching post! You are so thoughtful and creative. What a great idea you did in his memory.